Have you ever tried to make homemade French-style choquette at home? Let’s follow Annam Gourmet’s choquette simple recipe that could satisfy any pastry-lover!
When it comes to baking, people often think of recipes with hard-to-find ingredients and elaborate steps. But the mini-choquettes are one of the easiest pastries that you could bake at home. With some basic ingredients, such as Tafa chicken eggs, meeting Vietgap standards, and whole wheat flour from Bob’s Red Mill, you will have a delicious homemade pastry right away.
Let’s get started!
125 ml milk
125 ml water
100 gr butter
1 pinch salt about 4 gr
150 gr BRM Whole Wheat Flour
4 eggs Chicken Eggs Tafa Vietgap
FIRST PREPARE THE CHOUX PASTRY
- Prepare all ingredients in advance as everything goes very fast and pre-heat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Over a medium heat bring the water, milk and butter to the boil.
- At the first broth, remove from the heat and add all the flour at once. Stir vigorously until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat an egg and stir it into the mixture. Repeat with the 2 remaining eggs. If you want to go faster, beat the 2 eggs and stir them in gradually.
- Your choux pastry is finished.
- To make the chouquettes, place small dollops on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the last egg, mix it with a little water. Glaze the chouquettes using a brush and then sprinkle grains of sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F). At the 5 minute mark, open the oven door for 5 seconds to remove the steam from the oven and prevent the chouquettes from falling flat later on.
- Enjoy delicious chouquettes!