Why is organic food more expensive than other foods? Is it really healthier? Let’s find out the difference between these two foods with Annam Gourmet to choose the right food for family meals!
Non-Organic food is grown from safe farming sources and still uses chemicals such as pesticides, synthetic chemicals. The use of chemicals is carried out in the legal process so that the product has low chemical residues and is not harmful to human health. The nutritious value in non-organic foods is lower than organic ones due to the use of chemical fertilizers.
In addition, you can find out more about fresh quality products that meet VietGAP standard based on 4 criteria:
- Manufacturing techniques must set strict standards
- When harvested, the food is guaranteed to be free from chemical contamination or physical contamination
- The production environment does not abuse the labor of farmers
- The traceability of products is available
Organic food includes vegetables, fruits, grains, meat, dairy products, eggs, honey, etc. And food to be called “Organic” must meet the following standard:
- Organic food production requires doing in a secure ecosystem, away from industrial plants and water sources with low levels of natural toxins.
- Fruit and vegetable products are grown naturally, irrigated with natural fertilizers, without pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- Organic meat is meat from animals raised under standard, all-natural, and organic feed conditions. Industrial animals are grazed and prevented from diseases by natural methods.
That’s why organic food is often fresher, and can be richer in certain nutrients. Studies have shown that levels of certain nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, were up to 50 percent higher in organic meat and milk than in conventionally raised versions. Plus, organic foods are locally grown and pose very minimal interference to the environmental resources that support healthy living. To be precise, organic farming lessens the long-term human health implications caused by air, water, and soil pollution.
At Annam Gourmet, you will have a wide selection of organic products, such as fruit, vegetable, and organic formula flour products. Join us in protecting your family’s health!