Nowadays, being vegetarian is a common lifestyle. The food could be not only nutritious but also has many benefits such as weight control. Follow the recipes below with Annam Gourmet to get your family a healthy vegetarian meal combined with many typical flavors!
Vegetarian dishes are normally easy-to-make and do not need too much time to prepare and still have delicious and contain high nutritious value. Being vegetarian does not mean letting your body lack specific nutrition. For example, calcium from cow’s milk can be replaced with calcium found in kale and broccoli.
Annam Gourmet has created a meal full of diverse flavors, which are both nutritious and help you control your weight. Check out now!
Starter: Chickpeas Hummus
Chicken Hummus is a famous dish from Arabia and the Middle East, which provides an amount of protein and vitamins from whole beans. Besides, this dish is easy to eat and does not require sophisticated processing.
1 can CIRIO chickpeas
1 large lemon
1 garlic clove
½ cup tahini, well mixed
¾ tsp. (or more) kosher salt
10 cranks freshly Kirum Kampot black pepper
¼ tsp. ground cumin
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients: Drain 15½ oz. chickpeas in a strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly. Let drain again while you do the other prep.
- Cut 1 lemon in half, remove any visible seeds, and squeeze juice into a small bowl. You should have 3–4 Tbsp.
- Smash 1 garlic clove with the flat side of your knife on a cutting board and remove peel. Continue to mash with the side of the knife until a paste forms. (You can also grate garlic on a microplane if you have one—you’re just looking for a fine paste.)
- Combine drained chickpeas, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, garlic, ½ cup tahini, ¾ tsp. salt, 10 cracks pepper, ¼ tsp. cumin, and 2 Tbsp. water in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- With the motor running, stream in 3 Tbsp. oil, then continue to process until hummus is very light and creamy, about 1 minute longer. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.
- Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl, top with za’atar and/or sesame seeds, and drizzle with more oil.
Main Dish: Teriyaki “Chicken Plant-based” Stir Fry
Heura Plant-based Chicken made from tofu that does not contain cholesterol, will enhance nutrients, aid digestion, and help with weight loss.
Ingredients for Vegan Teriyaki Chicken:
Heura Original Strips Plant-based Chicken
1 ounce block firm tofu
2.5 cups fresh broccoli cut into florets
1/2 red bell pepper sliced
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes. Set aside.
- Add ½ inch water to a pot or saucepan over medium heat. Once water is at a simmer, add the broccoli florets and cover the pot. Steam for 4-5 minutes until fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet or wok over high heat pour one tablespoon of oil.
- Next, add the tofu pieces. Evenly pour the soy sauce over the tofu pieces. Cook and turn tofu until golden on each side.
- Once the tofu is cooked, add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Add the broccoli, red bell pepper, and teriyaki sauce. Stir fry and cook for 4-5 minutes over high heat.
At Annam Gourmet, you will have a wide selection of organic fruit, vegetable, and high-quality imported vegetarian products. Join us in protecting your family’s health!